Are you looking for more visitors to your blog?
One of the best ways to promote your blog for free is by sharing your blog posts on social media.
Social media has helped bring my blog thousands of visitors, with Twitter bringing the most.
WordPress offers sharing buttons so visitors can share your posts on social media.
These buttons are the best-placed option to encourage visitors to share your content on social media.
Where can sharing buttons be found on WordPress?
It depends on the WordPress theme you use, but most show sharing buttons at the end of blog posts which are the best-placed place for them. I have these sharing buttons on all my blog posts and pages.
What sharing buttons are available on WordPress?
All of the above. Some of them are already available on your blog posts when you create your WordPress blog.
How do I add more sharing buttons to my blog posts?
I’m using WordPress’s ‘default’ view in the images and instructions for this demonstration.
- Just under the sharing buttons, click on ‘Customize buttons.’ You can reach them via your blog’s dashboard if you cannot do this. Go to Tools – Marketing, and click on the Sharing buttons tab.
- Click on Edit Sharing Buttons.
- Click on any of the sharing buttons to add or remove them. Ghosted-out sharing buttons are inactive and not displayed on your blog.
- Click the Reorder button to move the sharing buttons to the order you want them to display on your blog and pages.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to save any changes you have made.
- Click the Close button to close the Edit visible buttons window.
- The Edit More button allows you to place sharing buttons behind the More sharing button. I’ve put the Email and Print sharing buttons behind the More button.
- The Edit label text button lets users put their preferred text above the sharing buttons. Click on the button to open the text box. Mine reads, ‘ Please feel free to share this post.’
Button styles – why you should not use the icon-only option.
WordPress offers users several styles for sharing buttons.
I recommend you use an option that offers text. Readers who use speech software on their devices will then know which social media platform each button is for.
Remember that visitors can still share your blog posts on any social media platform, even if you don’t have a specific sharing button for it on your blog. However, if you want to discourage readers from sharing your posts on social media, you can remove the sharing buttons from your blog.
Let’s wrap it up
- Sharing buttons are a powerful tool for sharing your posts for free and bringing traffic to your blog.
- Sharing buttons can be edited on your blog. Choose which ones you want to appear on your blog posts and pages.
- Ghosted-out sharing buttons mean that they are inactive on your blog.
- Make sure you choose a sharing button style that contains text, as this helps visitors who use speech software identify the sharing buttons on your blog.
- You can discourage visitors from sharing your posts by removing your blog’s sharing buttons. However, your posts can still be shared on social media.
If you have questions about sharing buttons or want to share which ones you have on your blog, please leave them in the comments section.
Layout, content, settings, and format might differ on self-hosted blogs.
If you enjoyed this post and want more like it, enter your email address and click ‘Subscribe’ to stay up-to-date with my latest content.
Copyright @ 2023 hughsviewsandnews.com – All rights reserved.