Like many people with a smartphone, I have hundreds and hundreds of photos taking up lots of valuable space.
Strangely, for whatever reasons, some of those photos are duplicated.
With so many photos to go through, it can be time-consuming going through them all and deleting all the duplicates.
That’s where the Remo Duplicate Photos Remover app comes in handy. With just a few clicks, I was able to delete 129 duplicated photos and free up to 14MB of space on my iPhone.
Here’s how I did it.
- In the search bar of the app store (the app is also available on Android) type in Remo Duplicate Photos Remover.
- Download the app. At the time of writing this, it’s free to download.
Let’s get started.
- Press the Scan button.
- The app will start scanning your photo library.
When the scan finishes, you’ll be informed how many duplicated photos have been found and how much space will be freed up if you delete the duplicates.
- Press the OK button.
You’ll be shown a list of all the duplicated photos the app has found. They will be presented to you as sets of duplicates.
- Check the list and put a tick in the box of the sets of photos you want to delete.
- Alternately, you can click on the menu button in the top righthand corner of the app and make a selection of what action you want to take. In my case, I chose to Select All.
- The app will ask you if you want to delete all the duplicated photos you have selected. To proceed, click on the Delete button.
- After deletion has taken place, you’ll be informed how many photos were deleted and how much space has been freed up as a result of the removals.
- You can, if you wish, do a rescan.
At the time of writing this review, the Remo Duplicate Photos Remover is free to download.
This is a fantastic little app that did the work of removing duplicated photos from my iPhone photo library quickly and effortlessly. It also has an option of showing you photos that are similar and which you may, therefore, want to delete.
I highly recommend this app to anybody wanting to get rid of duplicated photos on their mobile phone or tablet.
Give it a try and leave me a comment letting me know how you got on using the app. Please also feel free to leave me details of any apps you’ve found useful.
This review is my own. I have not been rewarded by the developer of the app for writing this review.
Copyright © 2020 hughsviewsandnews.com – All rights reserved.