There are many gallery blocks on WordPress, but did you know WordPress has added some secret gallery blocks and that you can add captions to them?
Here’s how to find and use them.
- On a draft post, click on the add a new block button (the ‘+‘ symbol) and click on ‘Patterns.’
- Either click on the Featured box and select Gallery or click on the Explore box. In this post, I’m using the Explore box.
- Select Gallery from the new list that appears.
- Select one of the galleries. In this post, I’m selecting the Large image and grid gallery.
- The gallery and images are inserted into your post. Note – the images already on this block are not downloaded into your media library.
- To change the images to your own, click on an image and select the Replace button from the image toolbar that appears.
- Click on the Select Image button and the button where your image is located. In this post, I’m selecting images from my Media Library.
- Select an image from your media library. Don’t forget to align the image to centre the caption. Click here to find out how to align photos and images.
- Do the same for the other images in the block.
- Captions will display provided you have added them to the photos and images in your media library.
- Your gallery is now complete. Here’s mine.
When readers click on any photos in the gallery, any watermark or copyright information you have added will be displayed on each photo in the slideshow. Go ahead and click on one of the images in my gallery to see the watermark.
There are options available to change the background and text colours in the gallery I have used in this post. Click on the block and then on ‘Block‘ (in the top right corner of the draft page) to change them.
Other galleries available in this gallery block are –
- Organic gallery with intro text
- Gallery with description and a button
- Three images side-by-side gallery
- Two images side-by-side gallery
Give them a try, and let me know how you get on by leaving me a comment.
Click here to find out why you should always watermark your photos and image.
If you have questions about these secret galleries and how to use them, leave them in the comments section.
Looking for more blogging tips? Click on the ‘Blogging Tips’ and ‘Block Editor – How To’ buttons on the menubar of my blog.
Layout, content, settings and format might differ on self-hosted blogs.
Follow Hugh on social media. Click on the buttons below.
Copyright © 2022 hughsviewsandnews.com – All rights reserved.