Did you know that the Apple iPhone has a secret button that most owners see every day, but didn’t know existed?
Where is the secret button?
It’s the Apple logo on the back on your iPhone.
How do I setup and use the Apple logo as a button?
Follow these simple instructions to activate the button and set it up for a function you want quick access to on your iPhone. For these instructions, I’m going to set it up to get instant access to the control centre on my iPhone.
Note: Will only work on the iPhone 8 and later models.
- Ensure you have the latest version of IOS (at the time of writing this post, IOS 14.4).
- Click on Settings
- Click on Accessibility
- Click on Touch
- Click on Back Tap (to turn it on).
- Click on Double or Triple Tap
- Chose which function you want to open when tapping the Apple logo. You can choose one for double tapping and another function when triple tapping the logo. In my case, I’m choosing Control Centre when double tapping the Apple logo.
- The Apple logo button is now set up to work when double or triple tapping on it. Here’s what I see after double tapping the Apple logo on the back of my iPhone.
- This also works if you have a silicone protective cover on your iPhone (like I do).
Do you know who has access to the details on your iPhone and iPad? Check out Rob’s post, Privacy Review, on his blog – Rob’s Tech Talk.
Any questions about this post? Don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section.
Copyright © 2021 hughsviewsandnews.com – All rights reserved.
More top tips from Hugh…
Do you have hundreds of duplicated photos in your photo library that are using up lots of space? Here’s a way of deleting them and freeing up space with just a few clicks.
Do you know how many more people read the titles of your blog posts than read the contents of your posts? Once you know, you’ll want to write better titles for all your blog posts. Let me show you how.