Every week, I get contacted via the ‘Contact Hugh’ button on my blog’s menu bar. If I didn’t have a way for visitors to my blog to contact me securely, I could have missed many opportunities.
Many of those who contact me usually ask me questions about blogging.
However, I also get people contacting me with guest posts invitations, information about my books, and even business opportunities to advertise on my blog.
Suppose somebody can not find a secure way of contacting you. In that case, they may well pass on any opportunities they wanted to offer you to somebody else.
Don’t miss out. Have a secure way for visitors to contact you rather than leave an unsecured comment on one of your blog posts.
How To Create a ‘Contact Me’ form.
- On the navigation bar of your WordPress blog, click on Pages and then on Add New.
- On the lefthand side menu of the page that opens, click on ‘Contact.’
- There are four templates to choose from. However, most of them require you to add personal information such as your email address, home/business address and contact phone number.
- Unless you’re a business blogger, never share any personal information on your ‘Contact Me’ form or anywhere on your blog. Keep those details safe and away from spammers and spambots. These details include your personal email address, address, phone number and date of birth.
- Instead, open a blank template by clicking on the ‘Blank Page‘ button located at the top of the menu.
- Give your new page that has opened a title such as ‘Contact Me‘ (I use ‘Contact Hugh’), and click the ‘add block‘ button.
- In the search bar, add ‘contact‘ and select the ‘Contact Form‘ block.
- Save and preview the form before publishing it on your blog.
- I have also added a line above my contact form informing visitors how to contact me securely. Here’s what it looks like.
- I also recommend adding some tags and an excerpt to your page/contact form before publishing it. Also, decide whether or not you want visitors to the page to leave any comments. Note – not all WordPress themes allow you to add tags to pages documents.
Now we’ve created a ‘Contact Me’ form; it’s time to add it to your blog’s menubar.
- On the navigation bar of your WordPress blog, click on ‘Appearance and Menus.’
- Choose either an existing menu or create a new one.
- As I already have a primary menu on my blog, I’m going to add a button for my ‘Contact Hugh’ page to it.
- Click on the ‘Add Items‘ button and scroll down the list of your pages and find the ‘Contact me‘ form you’ve created. Click on the ‘+‘ symbol next to it.
- Save your changes by clicking on the ‘Save Changes‘ button at the top of the page.
- Your ‘Contact Me‘ button now appears on the menubar of your blog. Here’s an image of where it appears on the menubar of my blog.
- Click on the ‘Reorder‘ button to change the order of the buttons on your menubar.
- Don’t forget to click on the button you’ve just created to make sure it’s working.
Let’s wrap it up
- It’s important to have a secure way for visitors to your blog to contact you. Many will not like leaving unsecured messages containing personal information and/or opportunities in the comments section of a blog post.
- Creating and publishing a ‘Contact Me’ form on your blog is the perfect way for visitors to leave you secure messages.
- Creating a ‘Contact Me’ form is easy to do.
- Adding a ‘Contact Me’ button to a menu on a blog is easy to do.
- Make sure your ‘Contact Me’ form is easy to find. The best place to put it is on the menubar of your blog.
- Any messages sent to you via your ‘Contact Me’ form will be emailed to you by WordPress.
- Messages can also be viewed by clicking on ‘Feedback’ (just under ‘Comments’ on the dashboard of your blog).
- Make sure you respond to messages sent via your ‘Contact Me’ form as quickly as possible.
- Don’t publish personal information anywhere on your blog. This includes, your personal email address, home address, phone number and date of birth. Don’t give scammers a chance of obtaining your personal information.
Does that help? Do you have any questions? Feel free to leave me a comment or contact me via the ‘Contact Hugh’ button.
Layout, content, and format might differ on self-hosted blogs.
Copyright © 2021 hughsviewsandnews.com – All rights reserved.