Flipboard is social media platform I discovered last year. Unfortunately, I never really gave it much attention, but a recent upsurge in traffic to my blog from it has convinced me to give it more attentiveness. However, WordPress don’t have a sharing button for Flipboard, so I’ve found out a way to add one.
In my version, you’ll need a Flipboard account to add the sharing button so other bloggers can share your posts on their Flipboard account. You can set one up by going to the Flipboard site at www.flipboard.com. Once your account is ready, you need never use it unless you want to share the posts of other bloggers to it.
Follow my guide below.
- Click on WP Admin to access the dashboard of your blog.
- Click on settings.
- Click on sharing. You’ll now find yourself on the sharing settings page.
- Locate and click on the ‘Add A New Service’ link.
- A new window will open.
- In the ‘Service Name’ box add the word Flipboard.
- In the ‘Sharing ULR’ box, you need to copy and paste the following URL address –
- We’ll leave the Icon URL box empty for now because you will need to find a Flipboard icon image. The easiest way to do this is by finding one on Google.
- When you get the results, click on images and copy and paste a Flipboard icon into your WordPress media library. To do this, I had to add one of the icons to the desktop of my computer and then add the image to my WordPress library by dragging it from my desktop into my media library.
- Once the image is added to your WordPress library, click on it and copy and paste the WordPress URL address of the image to the Icon URL box of the ‘Add A New Service’ window.
- Click on the ‘Create Share Button.’
- You will now find your new Flipboard sharing button under ‘Available Services.’
- Click and drag the button to ‘Enabled Services’ and place it where you want.
- The Flipboard sharing button will now show on all your posts.
- You’re all done.
You can follow me on Flipboard by clicking here.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.