How many times have you clicked on the Gravatar image of somebody who has left a comment on a blog post and not been able to find their blog details? Frustrating, isn’t it?
The image that appears next to a comment is known as a Gravatar. Here’s an example.
If I hover my mouse over Ritu’s image, the following happens.
If I wanted to find Ritu’s blog, I would need to click on the ‘View Complete Profile’ button.
When I do that, I’m taken to her Gravatar page.
Ritu’s websites, including her blog, are listed towards the bottom of the page. All I have to do is click on the ‘But I Smile Anyway‘ blog image (under ‘Websites’) and, hey presto, I’m taken straight to her blog.
But how do you add your WordPress blog to your Gravatar profile?
- Using a search engine, search for Gravatar.
- Sign into Gravatar by using your WordPress sign in details (top right of the page).
- You’ll be taken to your Gravatar page.
- Click on ‘My Profile.’
- In the right-hand box, click on ‘Websites.’
- At the bottom of the page click on the ‘Add WordPress.Com Site’ button.
On this page, you can also add other websites, such as your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites, by clicking on the ‘Add Website’ button.
- Select the WordPress blog you want to add.
- Click on ‘Add Check’ and/or ‘Save’.
Your WordPress blog will now be added to your Gravatar.
Any questions? Leave me a comment and I’ll get back to you.
© 2016 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.