I’ve always been a positive thinking person, so when Ritu, at But I Smile Anyway, recently tagged me in the “Happiness Challenge” it’s something in which I knew I had to participate despite my decision some time ago not to participate in tag challenges. It’s my blog, so I suppose I can break the rules from time to time.
What do I have to do in this challenge?
Name five things that make me happy.
- John and Toby. Does that count as two or one? Who cares? John, my civil partner, who I met 23 years ago, always makes me happy. Toby, our Cardigan Welsh Corgi, joined us in 2011. Both spread happiness every single day.
- Blogging. A close second (only kidding John and Toby), was something that catapulted me from the fear of having dyslexia so I could write this blog as well as short stories.
- Winter. Usually my happiest time of the year. Cold frosty mornings, watching the snow fall and cosy nights in watching a movie. Oh, did I mention Christmas? Better not being as it’s June.
- Short stories. Mentioned at number two, I am so happy when people say to me “I never saw that coming!” after they have read one of my short stories. Watch out for news over the coming months of a short story collection from me. Read my latest short story here.
- Home. We are so lucky to have a wonderful home. It’s full of happiness and laughter and is the place I love to be.
Five songs that make me happy.
- Music – John Miles
2. Lady Linda – The Beach Boys
3. Who’s Leaving Who? – Hazel Dean
4. One Day Like This – Elbow
5. Follow Me Follow You – Genesis
Five Bloggers that make me happy.
I’m doing this differently and would like to introduce you to five Blogs I have recently discovered. Make me happy, check these blogs out and follow them. Say hello to them and tell them that Hugh sent you.
- Willow at Willowdot21. Poetry and photography you should not miss.
- Adam at Adam Dixon Fiction. Short stories you’ll love reading.
- Jane at Jane Dougherty Writes. Short stories, poetry and writing challenges for everyone.
- Jean-Paul at My Husband & I. The everyday hilarious life of a gay couple as told by one of them.
- Ed at Ed Lehming Photography. Photography you’ll be very pleased I introduced you to.
I’m certainly happy I started following those five blogs.
What makes you happy? Do you have a song that makes you happy? Which blog never fails in making you feel happy?
© 2016 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.