Welcome to this week’s photo challenge here on Hugh’s Views and News.
Now I don’t know about you but I do like a good laugh every now and again, especially when I come across a funny and humorous sign. I’ll start to wonder why it was put there and, sometimes, try and work out just what it does mean. Take, for example, this sign which I came across at an Inn we stayed at a few summers ago.
Funny sign? It does, of course, have another meaning…doesn’t it?
There it was fair and square in the gentleman’s toilet/restroom. I’m sure it’s produced many a laugh and many will have given it more than just one look. I wonder how many have wondered if they were in the right room or the right place when reading this sign? It transpired that this particular sign dates back to the early twentieth century when gentlemen of the time would have been reminded to make sure their attire was suitably arranged.
This week’s challenge is all about strange or funny signs. Show me some photos of funny or strange signs you have come across. Tell me where the sign was and if it could be construed in different ways. Did it make you laugh or did it have you pondering what on earth it really meant?
Fancy joining in the fun? Here’s what you need to do.
1. Take a photo of a funny or strange sign.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Photo Challenge: Week 7 – Funny Or Strange Signs.”
3. Add the photo(s) you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view your post.
Now on to last week’s challenge where I asked you to show me a photo of something that was unused.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the challenge, not only here on WordPress, but also on Instagram. Once again you came up with some remarkable photos of items there were no longer, or have never been, used. I’ve chosen five entries to showcase, which are listed below. Please show your support by clicking on the link for each one and take a look at these great photos.
- Dorne, at Write Dorne – Putting Life Into Words, had me in stitches with her unused item. I think many of us can relate to this item, although many will probably have used it. In its defence, I did inform Dorne that in my house the item has been the inspiration for some of my short stories when I have used it. I probably should not have mentioned that to her as I then feared being bombarded with requests to take in this household task.
- Sally, at Smorgasbord – Variety Is The Spice Of Life, got me wanting to watch a movie when she presented her unused item. Not only that but I then started singing one of the songs from the movie and was clicking my heels rather a lot. Sally even wore the item while she wrote the post and she also told us where the desire for buying this item came from.
- Eric, over at Eric’s Blog, showed me an item which he does not allow anyone to touch. Not even he has dared use this item which sits amongst many other items that are his pride and joy. He’s a big fan of this series and I am sure will be delighted that the movies will be aired again soon, what with Christmas coming up.
- Mary Lou, at MLou’s Photography Blog, showed me an item that she purchased over a year ago but has still never used. She goes on to tell why she has not used the item despite the fact that she loves to participate in this craft. Pay her blog a visit and give her some inspiration because I think she does this craft extremely well.
- Over at, Silver Threading, Colleen showed me a fabulous display of items, many of which are unused. I loved one of her comments as to why these items are locked away behind glass. My eyes were especially drawn to one of the items and I hope one day to be able to take tea with her if she carries out the resolution she mentions in her post.
Entries for this week’s challenge are open until Friday 11th December, 2015, and I’ll showcase five entries when announcing the next challenge. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Have fun!
Please look out for a very special charity photo challenge I will be announcing on Sunday 13th December. 🎅
Join Hugh & Toby on Instrgram https://instagram.com/hugh.roberts05/
© 2015 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.