My poached eggs seemed to cause a bit of a stir amongst some of you last week. Not only did I get lots of photos, especially of eggs, but lots of comments about what my poached eggs looked like. That pleased me because it told me you are all having fun with these photo challenges.
This week’s photo challenge is centred around anything that is unused. This teapot sits on our kitchen windowsill and is around eighty years old. In our house we don’t tend to use teapots anymore, preferring instead to put a teabag into a mug, adding hot water and then squeezing the teabag on the side of the mug with a teaspoon.
Does being unused mean being unloved?
The art of making a proper pot of tea seems to have disappeared. I suppose it’s all down to time these days, but I do enjoy it when taking afternoon tea and being served my tea out of a teapot. It really adds to the occasion especially when there is a stand full of cakes and sandwiches also on the table.
This week show me your photos of an item that is Unused. Tell me where the photo was taken, what the object is and why it’s no longer, or has never been, used.
Fancy joining in the fun? Here’s what you need to do.
1. Take a photo of something that is unused.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Photo Challenge: Week 6 – Unused.”
3. Add the photo(s) you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view your post.
Now on to last week’s challenge where I asked you to show me a photo which showed a pair.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the challenge, not only here on WordPress, but also on Instagram. Once again you came up with some remarkable photos, especially of double yolked eggs! I’ve chosen five entries to showcase, which are listed below. Please show your support by clicking on the link for each one and take a look at these great photos.
- Annette, from Annette Rochelle Aben, scared the living daylights out of me with the photo she posted. It looked very innocent when I first saw the pair of pumpkins, but when I enlarged the photo I really did get a fright from these evil pair.
- A Momma’s View was one of several bloggers who posted a photo of a pair of yolks. I’ve heard that cracking open an egg that produces a double yolk is supposed to be lucky. Not only did she find one egg with a double yolk, but 18 of them! I wonder if lady luck will be knocking on her door soon?
- Aletta, at Nowathome, posted a photo of a pair of adorable lambs as well as a beautiful harbour scene. There were also a pair of ducks and a pair of ostriches, but thankfully no eggs from the latter two.
- Judy, at Lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown, not only posted a photo of a pair of dogs, who I thought looked really cheeky but, as did Judy at Edwina’s Episodes, a pair of high-heeled shoes that looked like nobody could possibly walk in them. She confirmed this by saying that she could never walk in a pair of shoes like this anymore but that she did once try.
- Iris, at Wandering Iris, posted some photos of pairs of chairs, two of which were photographed in some places you would not expect to find chairs. She also tempted us with a pair of potato dumplings and she may have promised to knit me some warm socks out of the balls of yarn she also photographed.
Entries for this week’s challenge are open until Saturday 21st November, 2015, and I’ll showcase five entries when announcing next week’s challenge. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Have fun!
Join Hugh & Toby on Instrgram https://instagram.com/hugh.roberts05/
© 2015 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.