I’ve been so pleased with the photos you have all been posting for my photo challenges. Thank you to everyone that has participated.
This week I am asking you to post a photo of something that looks isolated. Here’s my photo for the challenge.
Not only does this tree look isolated but I think it also looks quite creepy. In fact the whole photo looks creepy so maybe I should have used it for last week’s challenge?
It was taken on a very foggy morning using an App called Hueless, which is used for taking black and white photos.
Now it’s over to you. Show us something that looks isolated and all on its own. Try and get that feeling of isolation into your photo. It doesn’t have to be a black and white photo.
Fancy joining in the fun? Here’s what you need to do.
1. Take a photo of an object that looks isolated.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Photo Challenge: Week 4 – Isolated”.
3. Add the photo you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view your post.
Now on to last week’s challenge where I asked you to show us a creepy shadow or something that freaks you out.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the challenge, not only here on WordPress, but also on Instagram. You came up with some remarkable photos, enough to scare anyone not just on Halloween but at any time of the year. I’ve chosen five entries to showcase, which are listed below. If you dare, then click on the link at the beginning of all five to view some really creepy photos.
- Elizabeth, at Tea And Paper, features again this week. It was her son who got the effect on her photo which really did freak me out. If I had seen this image, even in broad daylight, I would have run for my life.
- Kat, over at Dandelion Fuzz, took us on a trip to the graveyard. She did the trip during daylight hours and the object that frightens me the most in her photo was the stare coming from a very frightening soft toy. She also tells the story behind the grave that features in her photo.
- Olga, over at Stuff And What If…, took a photo that reminded me of some of the classic teen slasher movies of the 1980s. The photo sent shivers down my spine when it reminded me of the movies ‘Friday The 13th’ and ‘Nightmare On Elm Street’. Thanks for the reminder, Olga.
- Van, at Van BY The River, not only gave us a very creepy photo but also a very creepy piece of flash fiction to go with is. This is the kind of stuff best read by torchlight, at night, when all the lights have gone out during a thunder-storm.
- Janice, over at On The Land, posted a very scary haunted house photo. Not only does the house look haunted but so does the tree at the side of the house. This photo has all the makings of a nightmare situation nobody would want to find themselves in on a dark, cold, stormy night.
Entries for this week’s challenge are open until Friday 6th November, 2015, and I’ll showcase five entries when announcing next week’s challenge. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Have fun!
Join Hugh & Toby on Instrgram https://instagram.com/hugh.roberts05/
© 2015 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.