Welcome back to Hugh’s Photo Challenge.
With Halloween just around the corner I thought we’d go all things creepy this week. I don’t know about you but, for me, shadows can be creepy. Take a look at the photo which I took one evening this week just as dusk was falling and tell me if you see something creepy in it.
Do you see that strange figure in the shadow and what about the other shadows that the light is casting? Was it a vampire outside my front door or was it some early trick or treaters?
This week I’m asking you to show us your photos of creepy shadows or something else that really freaks you out. Why does it scare you and where and when did you take the photo? Did it give you nightmares at first and then the giggles after you discovered what it was?
Fancy joining in the fun? Here’s what you need to do.
1. Take a photo of a shadow that has a creepy nature or of something that completely scares you.
2. Create a new post on your blog entitled “Hugh’s Photo Challenge: Week 3 – What lurks in the shadows?”
3. Add the photo you have taken to the post and tell us a little about what you are showing.
4. Create a pingback to this post or leave a link to your post in the comments section below so that other participants can view your post.
Now on to last week’s challenge where I asked you to show us what was in your cupboards.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the challenge, not only here on WordPress, but also on Instagram. Not only were we shown what was in cupboards but also what was lurking in garages and sheds all over the world. I’ve chosen five entries to showcase, which are listed below. Click on the link at the beginning of all five to view what was inside these cupboards, sheds and garages.
- Eileen, over at The Reluctant Scribbler, showed us where all of her arts and crafts materials were now hiding after she was no longer able to find the time to make her homemade greetings cards. I hope I’ve been able to persuade Eileen to get those boxes out again and to make us some Christmas cards. I’m sure she’d enjoying taking up her long-lost hobby again.
- Judy, over at Edwina’s Episodes, treated us all to her music collection. Her and her hubby, Mr Grump, have a huge selection of music and I think they should start-up their very own radio show and play some of those great tunes for us. I was so pleased to read that the lovely Kylie Minogue was part of the collection as well as one of the ‘Now that’s what I call music’ albums. I wonder if it was the very first one? It will be worth a fortune if it is.
- Elizabeth, over at Tea And Paper, showed us where she keeps her mugs. Not only that but she gave her photo a vintage look by using an App called ‘Snapped.’ Apps? Now why does that word scare me and some of my readers? Ah, yes, because it’s Halloween week. That’s the truth behind it. Elizabeth recently also kindly published a brilliant post just for me about how to use Instagram. If you haven’t read the post and are considering joining Instagram or don’t really know how to use it then check it out by clicking here.
- Colline, over at Colline’s Blog, is getting ready for the onset of Winter. She showed us a photo of the inside of the closet in her hall where warm jackets, coats, scarves and gloves await their first outing of the season. Thank you for the reminder Colline. I just hope my winter coat stays in its closet for at least another few weeks. The scarves and gloves have already had an outing and I know it won’t be long before I’ll be making very good use of them.
- Claudette, over at To Search and to Find, took a photo of the inside of her garden outhouse/shed/garage. “There are creepy spiders in there” she told us but it seems they were rather shy when she took the photo. I was intrigued by a can of Jelly Beans paint on one of the shelves and Claudette informed me that the paint company were giving aways paint pots of jelly beans as a promotion a few years ago. That got me thinking about how cool it would be for somebody to invent a wall paint that came out in more than just the one colour when being applied.
Entries for this week’s challenge are open until Friday 30th October, 2015, and I’ll showcase five entries when announcing next week’s challenge. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Have fun!
Join Hugh & Toby on Instrgram https://instagram.com/hugh.roberts05/
© 2015 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.