Many of us woke up today to see that our WordPress blogs had changed. For me the colours of the theme I use had reverted back to their original shades and there were items missing off my menu bar.
WordPress seem to have fixed the problem now (at least my blog is now looking like it did when I last left it), but the whole experience got me thinking about backing up all the content on my blog. Just imagine losing all your posts, comments, images, etc, etc. What a nightmare, yes?
I recommend that everyone backs up their blog content as often as possible. I backup the content on my blog once a week and it is very easy to perform. Here is a very quick guide on how to perform a backup for your blog.
- Go to your blog’s WP Admin page (this is your dashboard).
- Go down to ‘Tools’ but do not click on it as a side window will open.
- In the side window click on ‘Export’.
- On the ‘Export’ page, under “Choose What To Export”, make sure ‘All Content’ is selected.
- Click on the ‘Download Export File’ button.
- All the content on your blog will now be downloaded and you will receive a message from WordPress saying they will email you a link to the file.
- Go to your email box and look for the email from WordPress.
- Click on the link in the email, and the backup will be downloaded to the hard-drive on your computer.
I would recommend you also download the information onto a memory stick, just incase the hard-drive on your computer ever decides to fail!
I’d be delighted to answer any questions you have about the above. Simply leave them in the comments section and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.
© 2015 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.com.