I wanted to show you all what was on top of our Christmas Tree this year, so please come and meet Angela.
Angela has been with me since 1988 and has been at the top of our Christmas tree just about every year since then. She’s a very special lady to me and whenever I take her out of the box, where she sleeps for most of the year with the other Christmas decorations, she always brings a smile to my face.
This year Angela has a special message for you all. Now that I have shown you what is on top of our Christmas tree, she wants to know what is on top of your Christmas tree and, by participating, you’ll be helping me raise up to £250 for charity. If you’d like to take up Angela’s challenge then here’s what you need to do.
1. Take a picture of what is on top of your Christmas tree.
2. Start a new blog post called “Here’s what’s on Top of my Christmas Tree – what’s on Yours?”
3. Detail in the post that you are helping Angela and Hugh raise up to £250 for charity, by showing everybody what is on top of your Christmas tree.
4. Link your post back to this post by using a PingBack so other participants can see what is on top of your Christmas tree. PingBacks are easy to set up and I’ve given full instructions on how to set one up further down this post.
5. If you have problems with a PingBack, then just leave a comment with a link to your post in the comments section of this post.
You can take part in this challenge anytime between now and Monday 5th January 2015. Then, on Twelfth Night (6th January), I’ll announce which tree topper Angela has chosen as her winner before she goes back in her box to sleep until next December. The winner, if they accept, can then write a guest post for my blog.
I will give £1 to charity for every PingBack or comment, which includes a link to a post that shows what is on top of the author’s Christmas Tree, up to a maximum of £250. I’ll announce which charity Angela and I have chosen, along with the amount raised, in my Twelfth Night post on 6th January.
How to set up a PingBack to this post.
1. Include and highlight the words “Angela and Hugh” in your blog post.
2. Click on the icon that looks like a piece of chain (it’s the righthand icon underneath the “add Contacts Form” on the page you write a new post. If you hover over it with your mouse, it says “Insert/Edit link”). A new window will then open.
3. In the URL box of the new window which has just opened, enter the web address of this post. You can copy the address from your web browser’s window/bar and then paste it directly into the URL box.
4. In the Title box enter “Angela and Hugh’s Christmas Tree Topper Challenge”.
5. Put a tick in the box entitled “Open link in a new window/tab”.
6. Click on “Add Link”.
The PingBack will then be set up.
Please don’t have any hesitation in contacting me if you are having any problems setting up a PingBack, as I will be more than happy to help.
Please feel free to reblog this post so that others can also take part and, if you like, then why not join Angela and I and set up your own challenge and raise some money for charity over this Christmas and New Year season? You can use the same challenge as Angela and I have chosen if you like.
If you don’t have a Christmas Tree or anything on the top of your Christmas tree, then why not write a post and include a picture about the best thing that has happened to you in 2014, and link it back to this post and help me achieve my target of £250 for charity.
I’ll leave you with a few other pictures of our Christmas decorations and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
© 2014 Copyright-All rights reserved-hughsviewsandnews.wordpress.com.